Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Garden Update 5/21/13 Part II [Photos]

As of this week, I do believe the garden has been up and running for a good 8 weeks now. I'm sure it should be doing a lot better than it is, but we have had a lot of crazy weather patterns. The garden does look a lot better than this time last year. Some progress is still good progress, right?

If you've read one of my previous posts about 8 Things I Never Do In My Garden (Again) then you are aware of the fact that I am implementing some pest control this year, as well as weeding the garden a lot more. I'm not 100% with the weeds, especially since it seems the more I pick, the more pop up, but this time last year it was difficult to distinguish what was a seedling and what was a weedling. Part of the problem was that I had no idea what the seedlings were supposed to look like.

Here's how things are looking this week, week 8 of the growing season:

Broccoli  crown starting to form; yellow stuff is cornmeal to ward off worms.

Baby Black Krim Seedling

Grape Plant growing nicely; bean plants

Red Grape Plant, back from the dead!

Tomato Beds

Onion sets and carrot plants
Lines of Cucumbers, celery, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and cauliflower

Onions, parsley, eggplants, mint, and other seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment