Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Garden Plot Guide 2013



Here is my proposed plan for this year. The hanging baskets, although not mentioned in this guide, are going to be for flowers only, since I've always wanted to venture out in flowers but never have tried it. I bought cosmos and zinnias to start, which seem pretty easy and relatively safe, although I might end up buying a couple other varieties later on for cutting.

Before any critics freak about planting watermelon and cucumber in the same bed, I was planning on putting up a block in the bed so the two soils don't collide. As proposed, everything will be tightly planted, and may include more plants than mentioned. We'll see how things go.

Last year I had a really tough time finding decent information on gardening. I've read a couple books, but all I wanted was a "Do this, don't do that" guide. Simple, concise, and to the point. Of course, that doesn't exist.

I did want to venture into trying something different; strawberries in gutters. Only one rain gutter, just to try it. Also only one because I don't have any more space. Here's the link from the original site.


So this is my plan for this year, and hopefully with all the exciting things I plan to do to my garden (organic fertilization boosts, composting, weed prevention, etc.) we will be able to harvest a great amount of crops. I'm pumped for this year for sure, especially since I have a little bit of experience under my belt and I know which bugs to squash and which ones to let in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment